Monday, October 6, 2008

Confessions of an Ice Cream Addict




So Brock goes to preschool Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings; it's much easier to clean with two little ones to watch than three, so those are my cleaning days. Monday and Wednesday I vacuum and mop - it really does need it twice a week with two big dogs, 1/2 acre of dirt and a crawler. But I have figured out a way to make it not so bad - I reward myself in the middle. Lucky for Dane he gets to enjoy the reward as well. Briley takes a morning nap, so she misses out. It's kind of turned out to be a special time for Dane and I, and no one, until now, knows. But, since Brock and Briley can't read yet, we'll still be in the clear. As some of you know I have a bit of an addiction... to frozen yogurt that is. I think I could literally survive on it alone - just add in a few rainbow sprinkles. When I don't have frozen yogurt on hand, ice cream has to do. So I've decided that on cleaning days I need A treat. It's a great encouragement, and it makes all the vacuuming and moping not so bad. Once I've got everything dusted and vacuumed, Dane and I gather on the floor for some ice cream before I mop. Here's this mornings treat.

No comments: