Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning Resources ABC Chalk Talk Electronic Learning Chalkboard

As you may remember a few weeks ago I was asked if I'd like to do a review of a product from CSN store.com After spending hours searching through their enormous selection of product, I finally decided to try out the ABC Talking Chalk Board
After letting my kiddos play and explore with it, I am VERY happy with my choice:)
When I look at toys for my kids, there are always a few things that I look for
1 - Will they like it
2 - Is it educational AND fun
3 - How easy will it be to store
4 - How many will be able to enjoy it (my 5 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old or baby)

This product turned out to be ideal.
The kids really enjoyed playing with it. It has a ton of games that teach letter recognition and sound, shapes, colors, numbers and spelling. It has a section with music as well.
The box said it was for children 3 and older, however Briley (2) was able to enjoy it as well with the help of her brothers. We used it to "play school". I set it up on the wall (it has holes for hanging, but did not come with things to hang it with so I used ribbon). Brock used the super cute pointer that came with it - that was their favorite part I think:) He led his "class" through the activities and helped Dane (3) and Briley (2) play the games.
As far as storing the product goes, that I was very happy with. Even though it is large, it folds down flat like a blanket and was very easy to store, even with the removable chalk board in place.
I would definitely recommend this product to a friend. As a former teacher, I know the best way for a child to truly master something is when they are able to teach it to another child. I don't think it will be long before Dane is able to be the teacher too:)

No comments: