Sunday, January 3, 2010

Merry Late Christmas:)

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I love all the time with family,the excitement in my kids, and celebrating the birth of my Lord. This year was so much fun. The kids are old enough now to really be excited for Christmas. The last few years now that they are getting a bit older, I've felt really challenged to make sure they don't get lost in the decorations, Santa and all the presents and lose the true meaning of Christmas.
I try to do as much as I can to keep them reminded and focused on celebrating the birth of Jesus. We talk about it, we have a Nativity that we set up and play with, we make a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake, we attend Christmas Eve service, sing Jesus Happy Birthday. What do you do with your family to help your kids stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas? I'd love some other ideas:)






2 comments:

Meggan said...

Shannon, We also have a few traditions to try to make sure that the real meaning of Christmas is remembered. For one we always read the story of Jesus birth out of the bible before we can go see all of our presents Christmas morning. Then with my dad's family we have a stocking that has Jesus name on it and we have little hearts that we all take every year and pass the stocking around and put our heart back in there to give our heart back to Jesus every year. So thats what we do.

The Tanimoto Trio said...

Love the photos of the kidos in their jammies. I am still trying to get our tree taken down been enjoying out family time a little toooo much I guess