Friday, March 27, 2009

What's Next?!?!

Okay, so some of you may remember a few posts or so ago when I shared about my dignity no longer existing (from all the pucking and peeing- in my pants that is). Well you won't believe this one... now I can't pee at all. Okay that's a bit of an exaggeration - it just takes A LOT of effort and pushing now. Excuse all the personal info, but after giving birth with over 13 people in the room - yes my choice:) I no longer have any personal modestly. It started last week, I'd run to the bathroom about to literally pee my pants, sit down... and nothing. Even though my bladder was full, I couldn't pee. It would take quite awhile (drip, drip, drip) and a lot of labor like pushing to finally get it out. After a few days, it seemed to get better. However, last night it started up again. I woke around 2ish - bladder full, sat down and nothing. I pushed and pushed and pushed...drip drip drip. It went on like this all night. I figured I must have a bladder infection, so I called my doc right away. I headed in today with all the banshees to give my sample - which yes took alot of effort. The result - no bladder infection. Apparently with each pregnancy your uterus gets bigger faster - and seeing that this is my fifth pregnancy, my uterus is so large at this point that it is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. In a few weeks or so, it should rise and relieve some of the pressure, but until then... try other positions, push externally, take a warm bath to relax, and the best option... they have a do-it-yourself catheter like thing. Oh the joys of motherhood...I think I'll just stick with the pushing

2 comments:

Loni's World said...

Wow lol this is what I have to look forward too. Nice! In all seriousness though thank you for sharing because if not I would have never known about this stuff.
I am surrounded by guys so they dont have this info! haha

Hope things start to feel better.

Bridget said...

yep, I know exactly what your talking about!