Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July pics. coming... I promise Grandmas:)

I will get to the 4th pictures, but first I just have to rant - I'm in need of some sympathy:( Last week I took my glucose tolerance test... I failed!!! So this morning I had to go to San Antonio hospital and take the 4 hour glucose test. I had to leave the house by 7 in order to get there in time, do the horrid test, get Brock at preschool and head straight to swimming lessons. It was going to be very tight. I packed his lunch the night before, had breakfast ready and on the table when I left, had everything ready for swimming lessons, had a car seat out of my car and ready to go into my moms so she could meet me at swimming with the other two. As I headed to the hospital, having fasted for 12 hours I thought I had it all covered.
Then, three hours and 35 minutes into my test - 4 vials of blood already filled and only one more draw to go - in 25 minutes - it happened...
I got sick. I was sitting in the the waiting area of the hospital (they called me into the lab every hour to draw blood, then back to the waiting area with everyone from ER). I literally ran to the bathroom, but didn't make it. I threw up all over the place, then continued until I'd filled two barf buckets as well.
That isn't the worse part - barfing my guts out in front of over 30 watching people...
the worse part - BECAUSE I THREW UP DURING THE TEST, I HAVE TO DO THE ENTIRE TEST ALL OVER!!!! I had almost made it - I only had 25 minutes left!!!! Now I have to go back and do it all over again!!!
If I can make it through the test, when it's all said and done, I will have filled 10vials with blood and spent 9 hours doing this stupid test!!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

omg shan your poor thing. you deserve a date night after this to your favorite place!

Cari~ said...

Oh sweetheart, I feel your pain... I failed my first test too! I managed to get through the second test, but I was so sick without food!! Poor girl. You deserve Golden Spoon! :0)

Love ya,
Cari

MelHoward said...

Shan! That sucks! I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

So sorry Sannon that you have to go through this......

Anonymous said...

I promise I know how to spell your name Shannon!....hope you feel better!

Bridget said...

Oh, no! I failed mine with Landen and Farrah and was so sick! The 4hr test is horrible and to have to do it all over again. You poor thing! May sound wierd but walking around helped me rather than sitting there. I seemed to get sick the more I sat, so I looked like a freak walking in circles in the waiting room but better that than throwing up right?? Let us know when you go in again so we can all pray for you!

Jason Flum said...

Those 4 hour tests are sooo hard! I had to do them both pregnancies. If I were you, I would just tell the doctor that you are not doing this again!

:corinne: said...

Sorry girlfriend. I hope it goes better for you tomorrow!

keisha said...

That sucks, the joys of motherhood. You hang in there