Friday, November 28, 2008

BLACK FRIDAY



I can't believe it, but we did it, we joined the crazy people at 3am doing Christmas shopping. I swore I'd never do it. I never really saw the point. You can always find great deals at places like TJMax and Marshals at normal shopping hours, there's no need to wake up as some ungodly hour a shop. However, at thanksgiving yesterday, some family members were talking about the amazing deals from 4am to 6am and then from 6-1. This year we aren't really doing gifts. We decided since everyone is so tight this year, let's only do gifts for the little kids, and just enjoy each other and celebrating Jesus's birthday. But, since I have three little ones and a nephew I still needed to do a little shopping. My boys are REALLY into dressing up and transformers. So the day after Halloween i bought a ton of superhero, transformer and other costumes, and this morning at Kohl's, my husband covered the needed transformers. the plan was when the alarm went off at 3:30 I'd get up, head to Kohl's get the things we needed (which included a Christmas tree - they were 70% off) and then head home. However, Briley had other plans. She woke up at 1 am and wouldn't go back to sleep. I tried everything - the mess up in her nap schedule from Thanksgiving really messed her up. So at 3:00 when it was time to get up, Bobby had to go:) Briley freaked when I left the room. She only wanted Mommy. So, my wonderful husband headed to Kohl's at 3:15 and was greeted with over 200 other crazy people waiting in line - SOME EVEN WITH TENTS!!!! THEY'D CAMPED OUT!!! By 4 when it opened there were over 400 people in line. What the heck!!! i had no idea there were so many crazy people. When the kids and i got up at 7 Bobby had just got home, and had just finished setting up our new Christmas Tree. What a rock star Daddy he is:) We also got another fun surprise. While he was bringing in our Christmas decorations from the garage, he brought in a box with what the boys call "Our new pet, Optimus" Optimus, the mouse was let go after we decorated the tree. He was quite cute though:)

No comments: